September 11, 2010

Nordrhein-Westfallen

Well I promised some people that I'd put up pictures from my trip to Germany this summer on the blog. If you follow this blog for makeup, sorry about all of the vacation pics. For those who want to see pics of Germany, this is not the most scenic part of the vacation, but there were still some good shots. Hope you enjoy!



Photobucket
There were a lot of black swans in the city center of Detmold. I had never seen black swans before and thought they looked really interesting.

Photobucket
An old church.

Photobucket
I found this house to have quite a cute facade. It reminds me of something you'd expect Hansel and Gretel to stumble upon in the middle of a dark forest.

Photobucket
Why doesn't my post office look like this?

Photobucket
Another old church.

Photobucket
This is one of the best looking allies that I've ever seen.

Photobucket
Brauhaus: home of bacon and potato goodness.

Photobucket
More interesting facades.

Photobucket
There were plenty of these little modern mosaic installations. They were really beautiful when the sun set and light hit the mirror pieces, but unfortunately it was overcast almost every evening after I found this out.

Photobucket
More mosaic installations.

Photobucket
Wild poppies and wheat field near the train stop.

Photobucket
Berries near the train tracks.

Photobucket
A bee on thistle. I found this little park while wandering around waiting for the next train to roll by.

Photobucket
A fountain in the park's pond.

Photobucket
An Irish Pub is part of the old city hall. Where's the new city hall? Right across the courtyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog (always much appreciated)! If you would like me to check out your blog feel free to e-mail me. Please be aware that comments with either advertisements or links will be deleted.